To build a great blog you will need to have good loyal readers that follow you. The only way to do this, is by being able to write a half-way decent blog post, and to put a little bit of yourself into what you write.

To gain those loyal followers, you have to let them feel like they're getting to know you. Try to put a little bit of your personality into your posts. You want your readers to feel like they are reading something that was written for them personally.

I have found that the best way to do this is, to write like you would talk. Kind of like I am right now. If the people that are reading your blog feel a connection with you, they will have no problem coming back week after week to read your latest article. Those are the types of followers that we all want.

A great tip for today's "Build A Blog Workshop" is for you to re-write your profile and throw in a few personal details about yourself. (But not too personal)

For example, my profile tells everyone who visits my blog that I am 30, my son Tyson is 9, and Aiden is 4 years old. Everybody also knows that I have been with their mother, Suzy, for the better part of 16 years now. For those of you that did the math, that's over half of my life.

I have this rule that if I can't hear myself saying it, I'm not writting it. So try to do this with your blog and the loyal readers will start to follow.

Until tomorrow's "Buld A Blog Workshop", work smart not hard, and as always, good luck!


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

1 comments

  1. Agung Supomo Suleiman // December 21, 2009 at 3:43 AM  

    thanks for your tips

Web Hosting